You’ve got the right shoes, but you’ll never develop a true love of running without the right bra. As you are no doubt aware, finding the perfect sports bra is essential. Sports specific bras are designed to transfer moisture away from your skin keeping you dry and comfortable. We have a wide selection of sports bras to meet the needs of all body shapes and sizes.
Sports bras offer support in one of three ways; compression, encapsulation or a combination of both. Which works best for you will depend on a number of factors.
Finding the right fit is easier than you think, and we will guide you through the process. The following are some things to keep in mind:
- Your bra size will serve as a starting point, but all bras fit differently and sizes will vary. It is necessary to try a bra to test the fit and comfort.
- The band of the bra should fit a bit more snug than a regular bra, while still being able to breathe comfortably.
- Make sure you don’t overflow from the cups of the bra, in addition make sure the fabric lays smooth, without puckering
- The strap of the bra should not slip off your shoulder or dig into you
- When trying on sports bras, give them a dressing room test by running in place, do arm circles, twist and shake, whatever you need to do to get a feel for how it functions when you move
Additional Sports Bra Facts:
- A sports bra should be replaced every 6-12 months
- If you can’t read the care label anymore, it’s time for a new bra
- Fasten the hooks before washing your bra in a washing machine
- Hang dry your bra, as dryers are tough on the fabric
- If you dry bras in the dryer, do not use fabric softeners of any kind